Art + Culture in Carmel, CA
The Carmel Green Lantern Inn is ideally located in the midst of over 80 art galleries that feature works by talented local artists. Carmel began as a Bohemian art community, and that legacy continues today with more than 120 professional artists calling this charming seaside town home.
In addition to enjoying famous Monterey coastline attractions, be sure to visit the many unique galleries, most within walking distance of the Inn, to see a wide range of art styles and techniques. There are far too many to list here, but some of the must-sees include:
- Zantman Art Galleries, with the distinction of being Carmel’s oldest commercial gallery
- Nancy Dodds Gallery, a friendly, welcoming space representing over 35 artists
- Gallery-by-the-Sea Carmel, featuring artistic photography that captures California’s coastal panoramas
- Lu Lu’s Silk Art Gallery, showcasing Chinese silk embroidery artwork
- Jones & Terwilliger Galleries, with evocative paintings and sculptures from around the world
If you are looking for a particular type of artwork or creations by a specific artist, our friendly, knowledgeable staff can make recommendations.
Carmel hosts the Carmel Art Walk every second Saturday of the month and the annual Carmel Art Festival. Another great event is the Carmel House & Garden Tour, where you can see some of the most iconic homes and gardens in the region. Enjoy a memorable performance at one of the renowned performing arts venues: Golden Bough Playhouse, Circle Theatre, Forest Theater, or Sunset Center. Check with us for upcoming events in and around Carmel.